2.06.2010

Scrambled Thoughts

First things first: I got a new camera (this one)! I've been taking pictures all day, trying to teach myself how to use all the settings. I've never had a D-SLR before, and there's a lot to learn! We went to visit my sister and her family today, and this little cutie is the only one who would sit and let me take lots of pictures:

*I would love to hear any tips you have for learning to use D-SLRs!  


For those of you who are interested, here are my upcoming book reviews:

Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side, by Beth Fantaskey 
I'm about half-way through this book, and it is really good!

O, Juliet, by Robin Maxwell
I've been anticipating this book for months! If you have a chance, take a look at the book's cover. It's gorgeous! If I wasn't in the middle of a page-turner, I'd drop it for this one. Sigh...the perils of picking up a good book.

Water for Elephants, by Sara Gruen
I actually started reading this once, and then the sequel to this book was released, and I had to read that one first, or I would have died. ...But Sara Gruen's writing stayed with me, and I couldn't get her chapter about the guy in the retirement home out of my head. It was so descriptive, I felt like I had lived what was written! So I splurged and purchased the audio book. :o)


And lastly: I finally got highlights and a haircut! I've had my plain dark brown hair for almost my entire life. I got sick of that and decided to change it. They're pretty subtle, but I love the way it looks. What do ya think?


P.S. I don't really have a lot of self control, as I ended up buying that "Most Cherished" necklace I talked about last week. I'm super excited!

P.P.S. (Okay, this randomness is getting out of hand....) I want to thank Silverhartgirl, from Helping Mommy's Win. I won a Zero Water Filter Pitcher from her blog, and it arrived yesterday! It's in the fridge as I type.


Phew! Okay, now have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I love your hair. I also have dark brown hair I am scared to make a huge change. I might have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!! Just stopping by to say I enjoyed reading some of your posts. I found your site through Mom's Bloggers Club. =)

    Your son is a cutiepie. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...