7.31.2009

Meet Racer

Well the day has come and gone, and I now officially 21. My birthday was wonderful, consisting of alone time, Mommy-son time, visits with old and new friends, and red velvet cake (the best!).

I even drank a six pack my friends brought me:

Oh yah. I did.

And now it's time that I introduce you to the newest member of our family: Racer.

 
(He likes to hang from trees)
This was a gift sent to me for my birthday from my aunt's sister, Lisa, from Three Lovelies, who custom makes these sock monkeys on Etsy. I've been wanting one for a while, and she surprised me by sending the one I had marked as a favorite!
Monkey has claimed him, named him, and has been sleeping with him the past two nights. We went on a walk today and he insisted that Racer come along.


Monkey waving Racer's arm and saying: "Hi!"

 
 

Thank you, Lisa!

And to my family and friends who made my day special, and those who wished me a happy birthday, I thank you too!  

This was definitely the best birthday yet.

P.S., I have a sneaking suspicion that my aunt and uncle also may have had something to do with the present from Lisa. If so, Thank you!!


6 comments:

  1. Hey Pene, hope you had a WONDERFUL birthday. I wish I could take credit for the monkey, but I can't. That was all Lisa. She's cool that way. We still love you even though we didn't give you a cool present. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, it makes me so happy to see that they are already good friends. I love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! Happy Birthday! The big 2-1! =)

    I was trying to comment on your photography blog, but for some reason it wouldn't let me - so here is what I was going to say. =)

    Wow, Pene, you are SO SO talented! I just adore that famous family picture you took of Grandpa, and every other picture you take just seems to capture a perfect moment - you are just amazing! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday!! I am a big fan of red velvet cake too, yummy :)

    Racer is so cute, I love the pictures of your son with him :).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...