5.26.2009

i ♥ Faces - Silhouettes Entry



Before I show my picture, I have to tell you all the story behind the golf cart.

My grandpa has an old golf cart. I don't know where he got it, but it just showed up at his house one day. In the beginning, an adult would get in and drive two or three kids around the house (we have a big family, which I love...lots of kids and adults!).

It made for a very fun ride.

Over time,  the kids were given more freedom, and the older ones are now allowed to drive the younger ones around. Anything that can be held on to makes for the perfect spot for another kid to catch a ride on, and the golf cart now boasts an occupancy capacity of seven...sometimes eight.

Sounds crazy, but when that golf cart comes around with seven beaming kids, the older ones standing up in the back, hanging on to a pole, laughing like no other, you can't help but smile...and take a couple pictures.

And when the golf cart get's stuck and the scenery and background are just right for taking your first silhouette picture...



You smile and think: "i ♥ Faces, here I come!"

EDIT:
Whoops! I forgot to include a link! Don't forget to visit i ♥ faces to see the other entries!!





12 comments:

  1. Hope you win! I love it, especially because it captures memories of fun at "the ranch" so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shot and the story behind it. It reminds me of visiting my grandparent's farm when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this shot is gorgeous! i love the colors and composition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great picture! It's unique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great story & what a beautiful photo.. the sky & clouds are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are amazing at taking pictures! Thanks so much for taking some of my fam and sharing them! Good luck with the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awsome landscape! Great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful shot! Love the sky!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...