2.03.2009

Life's Sweet Passions' Policies

*These policies are out of date, and no longer apply. Please see my policies page, using the link above.

August 10, 2009

Readers
Any and all reviews posted on Life's Sweet Passions are solely my own, honest, thoughts and opinions. I do not receive any monetary compensation for the reviews I post.

I try to be fair when reading books and do not want to post overly negative reviews on my blog. For that reason, I do not post reviews of books that I do not enjoy.

If you would like to contact me, I can be reached at lifessweetpassions {at} gmail {dot} com.

Authors, Publishers, and Public Relations
As of August 10, 2009, I am open to review requests for books, and can be contacted at lifessweetpassions {at} gmail {dot} com.

What to expect:
Once I have received a book, I try to review it within the next month. If you have a specific time-frame in mind, please let me know and I will try to review the book within that time-frame.

Please note that by accepting a review copy, I do not guarantee a review. I try to choose books that I believe I will enjoy before accepting a copy. If I finish the book, I will review it.

In a review, I include a synopsis, an excerpt, a picture of the book cover, a link to the author's website/blog, and link to where the book can be purchased. To be fair to my readers, I will post any positive and negative opinions of books reviewed. I also post the amount of violence, swearing, sex, and drugs in the book to help my readers gain a sense of what they will find in the book.

I post reviews on my blog (with a link posted on Twitter), Library Thing, Amazon, Goodreads, and Facebook.

I do not sell copies of books I am given for review, but I may pass them along to be read by another person. If this is not okay, please let me know.

What I like to read:
Fantasy
Young adult
Historical fiction
Light science fiction
Realistic fiction
Myths, folk tales, fairy tales
Children's books, including board books and the like (I read with my son, age 2 1/2)

I will consider:
Mystery/Suspense
Non-Fiction (books having to do with crafts, photography, baking, or cooking)

What I don't like to read:
Poetry (unless in the form of a children's book)
Erotica
Horror
Biographies
Romance (I'm okay with light love stories, but not heavy romance).
At this time, I am not into reading about any more vampires as main characters.


Thank you for taking the time to read my policies, and I look forward to hearing from you! Feel free to contact me with any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...