1.15.2009

The Devil Likes Me Fat

 Remember the New Year's Resolutions I made not too long ago? Specifically the Get into a weekly exercise regime, and Eat nutritiously ones? Well, my other resolutions are going along great. But these two?

Not so well.

It's two weeks into the new year, and I'm beginning to think I was doomed to fail.

The evidence?

I finally work up the courage to go jogging by myself, and it starts snowing. Any thoughts of working out indoors are promptly smashed, when Monkey refuses to play "Mommy's fun workout game," and instead decides to raid the refridgerator, and "cook."
Fail.


I come home from the grocery store, happy with myself that I didn't buy anything sweet, sugary, or chocolate (and don't think I wasn't temped to), only to find that someone in my household has purchased cookies and laid them sweetly on the counter for everyone to share.
Fail.

When I set my alarm for 7:00 am so that I can get up and go jogging, Monkey decides to wake up at 2:00 am and stay up until 5:00 am so that I am too tired to go jogging. The alarm gets reset, and the time I had to take a run is spent peacefully sleeping.
Fail.

I spend an entire afternoon planning a week's worth of healthy meals, snacks, plus one or two chocolate indulgences (so I don't set myself up for failure), only to lose my list at the store. Which, of course means that in order to not waste the trip, I try to remember what was on the list and do my best without it. Which means that I bought potato chips to go with my sandwiches, chocolate creamies (because they were conveniently on sale), and the most fattening chocolate milk I could buy (because it tastes the best). Not to mention another bag of cookies found sitting on the counter when I get home.
Fail.

I get off of work a bit early, and decide to use the extra time at the gym. It's about time I go, too. I get home, start looking for my workout clothes, which is when I realize that the gym would close in 30 min. I decide I want a full hour workout, and a half-hour just won't do, so I don't go.
 Fail.

The day that the sun is out shining and the ice is melted, Monkey has a babysitter, and I don't have anything to do, I don my workout clothes and go in search of my running shoes...which I can't find anywhere. Making it all too easy, after a 20 minute search, to take the lazy-man way out and deem it a day of rest.
Fail.

The conclusion?

Either the world is against me, or the Devil likes me fat.


--On a side note, I have received some wonderful awards, and will be posting about them shortly.

Subscribe to Life's Sweet Passions
Subscribe by Email

1 comment:

  1. I totally know how you feel. I am the same way. I am pregnant now and really don't want to gain as much weight as I did with the 1st one, but when it gets down to being motivated to actually go out and get something done I don't.
    http://myweightandexercisechallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...