1.08.2009

Belated Bragging




So you've seen the toddler dress, the wall art prints, and the aprons. But here are three more gifts I made for this past Christmas. You got a sneak peek of these three, but now that all the gifts have been given, you can see exactly what they are.


A Family Game:
My aunt and uncle and their family are huge BYU fans, so I decided to make them a game dedicated to BYU.
I took and old game-board:





...and added paper and embellishments:


I called the game Hike the "Y!"

 ("Y" Mountain is a popular hiking spot in Utah. It has to do with BYU and it's graduating classes - more info here).
I made up rules to the game and printed out game cards. All in all, I think it turned out pretty well!


A Personal Touch:
These handkerchiefs used to belong to my grandmother. I had been trying to think of a gift that I could give to each of my sisters, as well as my mother, when I fished these out of a drawer in my room.


I decided they would be the perfect thing to give, and got to work embroidering them.
 (Don't mind the color on some of these pics.)




I made these origami boxes out of some vellum I had lying around ('cuz I'm green like that), added some tissue paper, and they were finished!



Just What She Asked For:
This was my other gift to my mother. (Terrible picture, I know) She asked for a purple church bag, and I made her one.



Of course, I snuck in a little green, just for fun. F.Y.I, the color here is a light green, though the picture came out yellow. *sigh* I guess I need to stop taking pictures at nighttime.



I had so much fun making my Christmas gifts this year, I am making my 2009 Christmas gifts, as well!



Subscribe to Life's Sweet Passions
Subscribe by Email

6 comments:

  1. very creative and great gift ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way cool gifts. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so creative! I love the "Hike the Y" game, too cool :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi again :)

    You have some awards waiting at:
    http://3runningincircles.com/2009/01/overdue-thanks.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...