10.07.2008

I'm Baaaack!

I haven't had my laptop for two weeks, now, and I am glad to finally have it again. I thought I would die without it, but as you can see, I didn't.

What did I do, meanwhile?

Well, sadly my absolute favorite pair of jeans exercised their last use this week. Being my favorite pair (and lasting me two years!), I didn't want to throw them out. I didn't want to give them away, either. (Yes. I have formed an attachment to my jeans.)

So, what did I do with them?

I made this:

(Forgive the wrinkles, please)

I found this awesome recycled jean skirt tutorial over at All Free Crafts, and naturally, I just had to try it out! The tutorial was perfect, because it called for the cutting off of certain parts that may have, err...fallen apart due to excessive use ripped.

It was super easy to make, and took me only a few hours (this, because of my lack of ability to follow directions, not because it was terribly hard). All went well, except the bottom hem was a little funny looking, so I added the white fabric. I think it looks great!

Here's some more pictures:






I just wish it were summer again, so I could wear it without getting the chills!


Subscribe to Life's Sweet Passions
Subscribe by Email

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea! The white fring is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's fantastic! I love recycling, especially ingenious ways like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's cute Pene. I have some of those "loved" jeans, will you make me one?? :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there, welcome back :) I love the skirt, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...