9.16.2008

The Ultimate Stain Treatment?

Remember when I made my Homemade Laundry Powder, and said that I couldn't find Fels Naptha soap at any store near me? Well, it turns out that the one store I didn't check happens to be the one store that carries it! I got a knock on my door today from my aunt; she read my tutorial and knew where to buy the Fels Naptha, so she brought me a bar of it! :)


Thanks, Michelle!

The grater is coming out again this week, because I absolutely must have some laundry soap with this in it! It was recommended by many people as the best soap to use for homemade laundry powder. And my aunt's exact words were: "nothing gets grass stains out like this (Fels Naptha)." Apparently it can be used (I should have known this, but I didn't) to treat stains just by applying it to a wet item of clothing and bringing it to a lather.

I just had to try this out on a stain, so it was just my luck that Little Monkey spilled chocolate ice cream down his shirt and pants, and then proceeded to roll around in the dirt. I completely forgot to take a picture of it, but let me assure you that his green-and-white-striped shirt was no longer green and white. I've used the Fels Naptha on it, and it's in the wash as I type. We'll see how it turns out!

Has anyone else ever used this soap? I'd love to hear how it has worked for you!

Subscribe to Life's Sweet Passions
Subscribe by Email

1 comment:

  1. Penelope, I found your blog at Maggie's (I participated in her Southern Reading Challenge). I had to laugh when I arrived here to see a pic of that soap! When my husband and I were first married (29 years ago) he played on a rec men's softball team. They wore uniforms - white pants. The grass stains were challenging until my mother-in-law suggested I try Fels Naptha. I'd never heard of it! But I found it in the grocery store - laundry aisle. It worked! Thanks for the trip down memory lane :~)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...