8.21.2008

Passion # 1: Reading - Completely Random Post

I love to read. I LOVE TO READ! I have a whole list two-and-a-half-pages long of the books I plan to read in my lifetime. This is not to mention the lists of completely different books I have saved on Amazon, Shelfari, Goodreads, and Facebook. There are so many books available out there that I can't even keep up with the ones I want to read!

Once I am on a book-related site (especially Amazon and their wonderful listmania and so you'd like to guides), I cannot stop myself from finding new books to read. Its similar to finding new blogs, in that, once I see a link to something interesting I'll follow it, and inevitably find another link to something interesting, and so on...

As you can probably imagine, I am pretty passionate about reading. An example to this is that my only requirement for my future (yes, future) home is that I have my own library and the funds to stock it full of books. Is this crazy? Maybe. But I'm perfectly willing to rationalize it all with the fact that it will make me happy. :)

And so you see why reading is my #1 passion; because I love it; because I will do for hours, and at almost all costs; because it makes me happy!


Lately, I have been pretty busy, and have been neglecting my reading. And because we have now passed the middle of the year and I am lagging behind, I have decided to post a little reminder to myself of what I want to accomplish. Here is a list of books I want to read by the end of the year; I might switch some books out or in, as I find new ones to read, but this is my plan so far:

Hero of Ages, book three of Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
The Wednesday Wars by Gary D. Schmidt
The Mabinogion Tetrology by Evangeline Walton
The Queen’s Fool by Phillippa Gregory
Dead Until Dark: Southern Vampire Mysteries, No. 1 by Charlaine Harris
Golden: A Retelling of rapunzel (Once Upon a Time) by Cameron Dokey
Through a Glass Darkly by Karleen Koen
The Gunslinger (The Dark Tower, Book 1) by Stephen King
The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCollough
The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova (I need to finish it!)
Lady of the Roses by Sandra Worth
The Blood of Flowers by Anita Amirrezvani
Beowulf by Anonymous
Wuthering Heights (Bantam Classics) by Emily Brontë
The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer

 I don’t know if I’ll have the time to read all of these, but I’ll sure try!

See all my favorite books on my profile.


What are your passions? Do you love books also?

8 comments:

  1. I absolutely ADORE reading. I read whenever I can, but always, always at night before bed. I love Stephen King; Dean Koontz, Heather Graham, Amamda Quick, Joanna Ross, Carla Neggers, and any and all trashy novels I can get my hands on.

    When I have a spare minute (right) i can be found at the library, or our local used book store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love reading too...but 4 kiddos have put a stunt on the old reading time for me. i am anxious to get #2 and #2 in preschool this year so maybe i can steal an hour or so a day to read. my kiddo #1 isloving twilight...and now i really want to read that too. i take the kiddos to the library and boy do i read...but not a single mommy book. i remind myself as #1 is 13 now, this phase is but a short time and i will have plenty of time by myself in a few years to read. #4 is still gooing and crawling, so maybe i can read twilight to her?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Penelope, from another Penelope :)
    I am a manic bookworm myself, I have a HUGE TBR list myself, you can find it at my book blog Mama Bear Reads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love to go to your blog to listen to your music, AND read your stuff. :-) It's a lovely, lovely page. Have I told you that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to read too! I too will have a library one day. A whole room full of books, even if it turns out to be in my own bedroom. I will have it.
    I finally got the book Twilight from the library. I guess I should get to it while the kids are sleeping. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to read a lot too even in the middle of the night when I was supposed to be "sleeping" but life took me to a different direction and couldn't do as much anymore, although you'll be proud of me, I just got me a book. Actually 2 books. Now when to read them is another story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to read too! I have a hard time putting a book down once I start though, so I usually just read one here and there and take a break in between.

    I saw The Gunslinger by Stephen King on your list, just wanted to say that book is *awesome* (so are all the other books in the Dark Tower series)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am truly completely addicted to Listmania. That addiction might actually be worse than my blogging one.

    Oh and Wuthering Heights is one of my all time faves.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...