8.27.2008

The Classics Reading Challenge 2008



 I just found this great reading challenge yesterday and have decided to join. 
I'm going to try and read five books I feel are classics by December.
I am also participating in the bonus round; to read a sixth book from a list on the challenge blog that is modern, but I feel it should, or will be a classic. 

Here is a list of books I will possibly read for this challenge. I'm not narrowing it down to five, because I am frequently changing my mind. The book I read is determined by my mood at the time of picking. :)

Tristan and Iseult by Joseph Bédier and Hilaire Belloc
The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
The Mabinogion Tetrology by Evangeline Walton
Beowulf, translated by Seamus Heaney
Persuasion by Jane Austen
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
Les Liaisons Dangereuses by Pierre Choderlos de Laclos
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
Great Expectations by Charles Dickens


And now for the sixth book, here's my list of possibilities:

Helen of Troy by Margaret George
The Book Theif by Markus Zusak
The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger ( I'm already reading this, and I am considering using it for the challenge, though I haven't decided yet.)
The Lord of the Rings (Already read, and definitely already a classic, but I don't mind reading this one again!)


Wish me luck!



Subscribe to Life's Sweet Passions
Subscribe by Email

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...